Thursday, October 28, 2010

Go Blue (and White)

Alright, so it has definitely been a while since my last post, and I think you all deserve an explanation. I'm going to keep it short in simple, I took a little break so I could focus on getting everything ready for my wife and I's one year wedding anniversary. I know a lot of you could care less about that but my priorities are my priorities. Either way, M-will did a great job of picking up my slack all throughout last week, and I'm sure he made you laugh more than I ever could, unless you get a kick out of my weekly predictions.

On to the game of the week...Michigan. For some reason every year, this is one of the most anticipated match ups on the schedule. Whether Michigan is good or bad, Penn State fans will always circle the date of this game on their calendars. It is the most hated team I have ever seen Penn State play, and I mean the most hated, Penn State fans do not even respect Iowa enough to hate them as much as Michigan, so do not even bring them into this discussion. I just wanted to set the tone straight for this weekend's game against the Blue and Maize.

Michigan will be walking into a very hostile environment this weekend, and to top it off, it is going to be a night game under the bright lights of Beaver Stadium. Expect the traditional white out from the Penn State student section and this will be one night that the entire valley that is State College will be rocking. The fans screaming and shouting will bounce of the surrounding hills and wreak havoc for Michigan's quarterbacks and coaching staff. The lights will be blinding and a sea of white will be forever taunting, and I mean forever, from the moment they enter the stadium til the second their plane takes off and leaves State College.

Do not underestimate the importance of this game to the fans. While a majority of the Michigan "faithful" have written off this season as a whole and are rooting for a dismissal campaign for their coach, Penn State fans are looking for glimpses of greatness. I know that we have a 4-3 record but Penn State fans are finally accepting that this year is a rebuilding year and are looking for anything to build off of. The players and the coaches know this as well, and this could be their signature victory that sets them on the right track. This is their opportunity to go toe to toe with an explosive offense (ranked 2nd nationally) and finally take some chances.

This is Penn State's chance to shore up on the defensive side of the ball and open it up on the offensive side of the ball. They are being put in a situation where they must score a lot of points to win and the coaches know that a conservative mindset will not suffice. Look for the players to come out filled with confidence and on fire knowing that they control their fate this week, that they are going to get the opportunities to make some plays down field, and make something happen. They know that a win over an offense led by Denard Robinson will set them on the right path. If Penn State can pull out the victory this weekend it will have to be because of a full team effort, with great (aggressive) defensive play complemented by a somewhat explosive offense of our own. If Penn State wins, look for them to build off this win and gain some momentum as a unit, it could just be the push they need.

WE ARE....................

No comments:

Post a Comment